Thursday, June 18, 2009

Market Day is Here Again!

Market Day at the Greeting Farm happened again today. Quick, if you hurry you can still get some really great deals on some fantastic stamps. I picked up:


This is called matey and it's normally $15. Today, while supplies last, it's $10.

And I also got:

It's called Wonderland and it's on clearance. I have a couple of projects in mind for this, especially a late birthday present for someone who really loves Alice in Wonderland.

The first set was on sale, and in order to get it at that price, you have to go here. And again, it's only while supplies last.

I like the stamps, but I haven't done my review from the first set, so that'll be forthcoming. The thing I like least about the stamps is that you have to cut them out (and I don't have those small rubber-cutting scissors). But the red rubber is really nice and provides a FANTASTIC print. They don't stain like the clear stamps do, either.

If I keep buying, I'm going to run out of room in my rubber stamp container, so I'm thinking of unmounting a few of the big wood blocks I rarely use. This way, I get a little more room, I think.

I've been looking at a few more of the stamps, but I think they'll wait a while. I'm set for a bit of time. Now it's onto work on my coloring and other fantastic things.

Oh, and speaking of awesome stampers, check out the contest at Gaal Creative. Aside from being a talented stamper, she's an awesome photographer. This week's giveaway is inspiring and made me think of a book I read this year called 'Into the Forest.'

'Into the Forest' is the story of 2 girls who have survived a global fever and war. They live in the forest, in their nice home that their father constructed, but soon he, too succumbs to death and the girls are left to become women. It's not 100% happy, and it WILL make you think, but it's a fantastic read.

Anyway, check out her site--Anne even has a link to her photo store and you can get some great deals.

One other really cool stamper that I should mention is Sandy, who is participating in NaBloPoMo, which is National Blog Posting Month. Every day, she's featuring a Hero on her blog. Sandy is busy with Cards for Heroes, but it's absolutely fantastic that she's devoting time to blogging every day this month.

So those are two of the very awesome people I know from the Internet, who continually challenge and devote time to wonderful things. And I apologize in advance, because I haven't done them justice. Check them out! Go, now!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Hi, Nicole! Those are some cute sets! Look like a lot of fun to color! :-)