Friday, June 18, 2010
1. What is your favorite thing about summertime? Reading! I love to read and have a lot of time to write in the summer.
2. What is your ideal retirement location (if money didn't matter)? Dunno, but a lot of my friends and family would be there.
3. Do you live in the same town you grew up in? No, I lived in California for 6 or 7 years, then moved to Ohio. I lived in the small town my mom was born in until I graduated from college and have been moving every couple of years since (in North Eastern Ohio). I am moving back to California for a year at the end of this month.
4. What nervous habit did you have as a child that you kicked to the curb before becoming an adult? I still bite my nails and I still worry. I'm less apt to make myself sick a LOT, but I still sort of do. Eeep! Working on the nail thing.
5. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you while on the job? Um, maybe when they took pictures of me in my Batgirl costume?
Monday, June 14, 2010
Jessica Spragueis doing another free class--this one is a week long class with printables that will help you use your computer to make some great cards! Registration started today and the class begins in two weeks--hope to see you there!
Three names I go by:
Three places I've lived:
Huntington Beach, CA
Suburb of Akron, OH
Three places I've worked:
Wholesale Giftware Company
Three things I love to watch:
Three places I have been:
The Grand Canyon
Three things I love to eat:
Three things I'm looking forward to this summer:
Writing the great American Novel
My Cross Country Road Trip
Friday, June 11, 2010
Five Crooked Halos is a blog I've recently been clued to, and she's got a really cool thing called five question friday. I've decided to toss my answers into the ring. Won't you?1. What do you think makes a good friend, or friendship?
Honesty, trust and communication. These are traits that friends will have. These are things that I bring to the table, and that I hope others do as well. I'm not budging on this. I also like people I'm friends with to share interests with me, but also have others that I can learn about. It's important to me to learn about new things.
2. What is the last thing you bought & later regretted?
It was a book that I could get on the Nook... cheaper.
3. Have you ever had a prank played on you?
Yes, I'm sure I have. Nothing springs to mind at the moment, though.
4. What is your favorite theme park?
Disney or Universal. They both are cool for different reasons.
5. Have you ever seen someone else give birth?
I was present for my birth, but have no recollection of my mother havinf me oddly enough, LOL. I think I have seen something in a documentary or those health films they show in school, so sure, I guess I have seen someone else give birth, just not really in person.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Some major projects include:
- Father's day presents
- Birthday presents for a few friends
- Spring cleaning
- Reading Mt TBR and paring down my book collection further.
- Working on submissions for a really cool dt
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
I'm a big Netflix kinda girl. I don't watch a lot of tv (well, I'll catch things on occasion, but not really in front of the tv with the satellite dish much). What I do watch is Netflix.
I have the 3 at a time unlimited plan which is under $20 month. It's great, really great. I have no complaints.
So here's what I've been watching on Netflix as of late.
The Sarah Jane Adventures Season 1
This is an offshoot of Doctor Who, made for the younger audience. However, as I've finished all of the Doctor Who episodes (except for the current new season with the new doctor, because I'm not fond) and Torchwood series, this was next on the list. And I really like it. It's formulaic, but I love that it's getting the younger generation into 'Who'... And it even has Sarah Jane, who was a companion in the 70s, I think.
How I met your Mother Season 1
I've heard of this show. People kept telling me it was good, and I had an idea of what I thought the show was about, but it's been surprising. I'm amused and touched at the same time, it's a great show, and the writing is fresh and funny and it's got Jason Segel in it, who I totally adore anyway. LOL. Whoops, did I really type that? Yup, guess I did. To borrow from NPH's character, Barney, 'Suit Up!' (BTW, funny enough I used to believe in the power of the suit. Like, in college, I had tons of cut out pictures of men's suits, ranked according to acceptability. LOL)
The Big Bang Theory Season 1
Saturday Night Live Season 2
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Mel came up with a bloghop about BPS's class, All about Me with Stacey Julian.
You probably came to me from Journal of Curious Things.
My camera cord is MIA, so I had to make a video. Sorry about the quality, but it's quick and quick was more important to me at this point.
Your next stop is Havoc and Mayhem. Enjoy!
Saturday, May 15, 2010
ABC Toys and Crafts is giving away some awesome blog candy.
I've never tried the Martha Stewart punches, but I am excited to try these... Cross my fingers and hope I win.
Head on over to ABC Toys and Crafts and check it out! Sign up! Good luck!
Sunday, April 18, 2010
It's 2 pictures...me with both of my brothers on Easter. kraft cardstock. Reminisce pp, Cosmo Cricket Stickers (chipboard!) and a ribbon flower....
Yeah, I had fun!
Friday, April 16, 2010
Wow! ABC Toys and Crafts is giving away a set of Copics. And you could WIN!
Copics are great markers, and I would LOVE to add to my collection.
Check out the details in my link above. Good luck and Happy Friday!
Friday, April 9, 2010
1. I am neither Long nor Lean, but this is the name of the Jeans I can wear at The Gap! Wow oh Wow! It feels good to be able to go into a store and not be embarrassed by the size you wear. And I love the fact that they don't cut anywhere, nor do are they inappropriately short or long. These things are lovely, and I'm just almost to the next smaller size--I think I've found a keeper, folks!
2. I have no idea where Debby is that she took this picture, but there are a lot of other ones just as nice. Very beautiful, and even a plantation house--cue Miss Scarlet's voice please.
3. I speak Melsh is reading a really cool looking copy of 'The Princess Bride' which I still have to finish. Do you know how many times I've watched that movie recently? No, you better not answer.
4. Woefully behind and slacking in the ML department for this. Have an idea, but I want to write other stuff. Eeek!
5. Okay, she's probably one of the main reasons I'm behind, other than the writer's block. Because I pretend to be her online. Yup, I'm a gamer (Geek confession #35)... I play Star Trek Online.
That's all I got, so that's what I'm running with!
Originally uploaded by Gothamgal1998
Grandma, Mom and I.
Normally, I'd be between them, but Easter sunday was a great day. A really great family day.
We had fun. We laughed. We were all crazy and funny and blessed to have that day.
I picked this photo up in an 8x10 and I'm going to frame it. It's a keeper. One photo that needs to be remembered, one day that needs to be remembered.
Thanks to Jessica at the Mom Creative: Today on Walgreens.com you can get a free 8x10 print with the code BIG8X10. I ordered mine first thing this morning. It is valued at $2.99.
If you don't have a need for an 8x10 photo, you could always get it to frame for a loved one!
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
There are even buttons...Have never tried their buttons!
Go. Post. Now.
And good luck!
Monday, March 29, 2010
Here's what I am currently eagerly anticipating:
1 x Uni-ball Signo Broad UM-153 Gel Pen - White Ink--I'm always looking for a good white gel pen, I think Kelley Goree mentioned this one.
1 x Platinum Preppy Fountain Pen - Medium 05 Nib - Pink Ink--I have always loved fountain pens, and this one looks fun! Made sure to get some refills.
1 x Platinum Preppy Marker & Fountain Pen Refill Cartridge - Pink Ink - Set of 2
1 x Platinum Preppy Marker & Fountain Pen Refill Cartridge - Blue Ink - Set of 2
1 x Platinum Preppy Marker & Fountain Pen Refill Cartridge - Purple Ink - Set of 2
1 x Pilot Choose Gel Ink Pen - 0.5 mm - Blue--I liked the Purple one of these I got at Christmas, want to try others out.
1 x Pilot Choose Gel Ink Pen - 0.7 mm - Black
1 x Uni-ball Jetstream Color Ink Series Ballpoint Pen - 0.5 mm - Pink Ink--New at Jetpens.com. Wanted to try out a few colors.
1 x Uni-ball Jetstream Color Ink Series Ballpoint Pen - 0.5 mm - Blue Black Ink
1 x Uni-ball Jetstream Color Ink Series Ballpoint Pen - 0.5 mm - Light Blue Ink
1 x Pentel Slicci Metallic Gel Ink Pen - 0.8 mm - Silver--Love Silver ink, and checking my old journals really made me remember this!
2 x Pilot Envelope Address Writing Gel Ink Pen - Broad--Decided this would be great for letter writing, picked up one for a friend, too!
I'm currently using a lot fo the Pilot G2 (in blue) .7. I keep going back to this pen because it's easy to find and great to use. My 'go-to' pen. And, according to Pilot, acid-free and archival-safe. All of Pilot's gel pens are formulated this way. Yay!
Will update when I get the order!
Monday, March 8, 2010
My craft closet. It's in sore need of more cleaning.
This is me!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
And, while on 2Peas, I found a lovely link to a contest on a website that is really cool!
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
What could you say, it was a great gift. She took thousands upon thousands of photos with the magical moment-capturing device, but it had it's flaws. Mainly, battery (of the eating persuasion) and lens issues. And the fact that taking out the memory card to do an image dump would erase said memory card. And when connected to the computer containing all things wonderful, the magical moment-capturing device would get hot and unresponsive.
Fortune smiled upon the girl (but not at the Old Navy clearance section where she searched far and wide for a perfect pair of jeans) in the form of this:
Monday, January 11, 2010
You can now go to the If It's Groovy Ning group, sign up and partake in as many or as few challenges as you want. The Ning group is really easy to navigate, it's free AND you can let your creative personality shine through--yes, it's customizable. It's fantastic and very easy to navigate around. And, once you get on there, either let me know in the comments of this post, or shoot me a PM there. I will love to interact with you.
- Saw 'The Fantastic Mr. Fox' (LOVED IT!) and 'Where the Wild Things Are' (Great, but not necessarily kid-friendly) with a great friend at the discount theatre. Red Robin for dinner and a visit to Borders (where I actually read 'Where the Wild Things Are' for the very first time!
- Went out dancing with the girls. Only stayed under 2 hours, but it was awesome to see my friends.
- Went to a Stitch n' Brunch Sunday at Panera. Started a capelet. Met amazing people. Definitely going back.
- Kraftin Kimmie's Moonlight Whispers stamps (the Steampunk ones: Lavinia and Chester).
- A Printer. A wifi Printer, so I can print out my Ildi Co. Digi Stamps stamps (project for this week might be a two-fer, FYI). I love it, and got it for under $100. It feels so amazing to have a printer again, very cool to be able to print and copy and scan and even use a memory card to print! :-)
It got great reviews, but people were pretty much saying the drawbacks were the lack of a creative suite (not concerned, I have photoshop and other things) and the expense of ink. Personally, I had a Lexmark all in one before this, and their inks were too expensive for my taste compared to the inks for this Epson. I love that it has 4 separate ink compartments--one for black and then the three colors in print ink formulation (magenta, cyan and yellow). And I really didn't like the scanning of the Lexmark. And, the connectivity to my computer was dodgy. That's sort of why I like the idea of wifi printing. I can set it up on the secretariat downstairs, plug it in and just print when need be. Or, I can set it up in the spare room/workshop.
- Went to Archiver's intending to get a score-pal. Could not reconcile the purchase, oddly enough. So I bought something else entirely. Something I could definitely use, but wasn't sure it would be a good buy.
I have a Clip it Up! Got the base, upper tier, extra clips AND 4 pairs of different sized bags for under $90 at Archiver's. Yay! Let me just tell you now, the thing is HUGE. It is larger than the dog (Black Lab) when he is walking around (height-wise). I have a rack from Simply Renee, the company that makes the Clip it Up and I love it. But I'm really happy I got this, too. Started assembling and putting things on it (the finished product video coming soon). In fact, here are my assembly videos:
Base Unit Assembly
Upper Tier Assembly
The Clip it up is really easy to set up and a lot of fun to use so far. I think seeing what I have is going to make a big difference in how I use things.
Oh, and 1 thing before I go. I'm doing project 365, sort of. Not sure what I'll do with the finished product (am taking another Shimelle class on UK Scrappers that might have this nailed down), but my photo feed is located at 365Project.org. I would love for you to share your journey with me...
Monday, January 4, 2010
I'm so blessed to be on this team.
Video, Part One:
Video, Part Two:
Video, Part Three:
So what does this mean? You have a week to make you're own minibook. Post here with a link to your project and I'll check it out. All comments made will go into a random drawing for a really cool super secret (at this time) prize pack so you can make your very own Quick Minibook.
And remember to check out If It's Groovy and wish them a happy Birthday!
Friday, January 1, 2010
Anyway, so my goal was to hit 100 books read in 2009, and I guess I did that. Here's my list:
1. Heroes: Saving Charlie
2. Typhoid Mary
3. The Good, the Bad and the Undead
4. 3 Cups of Tea
5. How to be Good
6. The Water Method Man
7. Storm Front
8. Slay it with Flowers
9. Dearly Depotted
10. Snipped in the Bud
11. The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
12. Here's the Story
13. The Last Tycoon
14. Dean Koontz's Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
15. The Great Gatsby
16. Murder She Wrote: Murder on the QE2
17. Beautiful Girls
18. Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
20. Interred with their bones
21. The 19th Wife
22. Wonder When You'll Miss Me
23. Such a Pretty Girl
24. My Life, My Tapes (Agent Dale Cooper)
25. The Story of a Marriage
26. Murder of a Royal Pain
27. Burnt Shadows
28. Revolutionary Road
29. Riding Lessons
30. Assasination Vacation
32. Acts of Violets
33. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
34. Carpe Demon
35. A Rose from the Dead
36. Driving with Dead People
37. Troll Bridge
38. Middle Age: A Romance
39. The Appeal
40. The Mermaid Chair
41. Goodnight Nobody
42. Missing Mom
43. Heart Full of Lies
44. The Falls
45. Team Rodent: How Disney Devours the World
46. Vanity Fair
47. Men of the Otherworld
48. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (graphic novel)
49. 13 Reasons Why
50. Finger Lickin' Fifteen
51. The Local News
52. American Eve
53. Shanghai Girls
54. Until I Find You
55. Clubbed to Death
56. Find Your Groove
57. Making the Most of your Scrapbooking Supplies
58. The Busy Scrapper
59. Best of Becky Higgins Sketches
60. Prarie Tales
58. Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life
59. The Woman Who Wouldn't
60. Turning Japanese
61. Return to Labyrinth #1
62. Suddenly Last Summer
63. Return to Labyrinth #2
64. Love is Hell
65. Best Friends Forever
66. Almost Perfect
67: Preludes & Knock Knock Jokes
68. An Invisible Sign of my Own
69. Missing You
70. May Contain Nuts: A Novel of Extreme Parenting
72. A Prayer for Owen Meany
73. Three Strikes and You're Dead
74. Frankenstein: Dead and Alive
75. The True Story of Hansel and Gretel
76. Undiscovered Gyrl
***Lost a list of a few books that I'd read between 8/24 and 9/5/09, possibly 3***
77. Return to the Labyrinth 3
78. Blood Lite
80. Madison Avenue Shoot
81. The Girl In the Flammable Skirt
82. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie
83. A Slaying in Savannah
84. Into the Silence
85. Bay of the Dead
87. Pop Tart
88. The Lightning Thief
89. The Sea of Monsters
90. Juliet, Naked
91. Her Fearful Symmetry
92. The Titan's Curse
93. Murder She Wrote: Margaritas and Murder
94. Battle of the Labyrinth
95. Murder She Wrote: A Fatal Feast
96. Star Trek Destiny #1
97. Kingdom Keepers 2
98. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
99. High Fidelity
100. Pirate Latitudes
101. Love Monkey
102. The Idio Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death
103. Nineteen Minutes
105. Street Gang
106. The Family Bones
107. Mop Men
108. Possible Side Effects