Monday, July 6, 2009

2 weeks since my last post?

What???
How can I have been putting off posting for the last two weeks? I mean, seriously!

Okay, I've got a confession to make. I've been singing karaoke a lot lately. Hanging out in places and watching others sing as well.

You've caught me--I've been neglecting the crafty side of life too much. And now I'm paying for it. I have a massive crafty to-do list, so that's gotta start being a priority.

I don't know if I've ever bought anything from Stampin' Up. I've heard good and bad things about them, but always out off buying from them. I got an amazing idea book/catalog earlier this year, and really liked some of the items, but couldn't make the plunge.

When the new book was slated to come out, I decided to purchase from Samantha who is also the person behind a site I follow , The Scrapmaster. Any purchase before July 1st made you eligible to get a free catalog/idea book.

One of the things I've really been loving lately is kraft paper. I've been trying to find it all over the place and have been coming up empty handed. Archiver's doesn't have it. I cleaned an LSS out of it.... Well, it seemed like a perfect opportunity to try out their cardstock (the pink stamper is always talking about it)--so I bought a package of 40 pieces (for under $8) of 8-1/2" by 11" cardstock. I love that you can cut the paper in half and make the perfect size card with it. And I also picked up some transparent (sealable) envelopes.

First impressions:
Stampin Up ordering process is pretty smooth.
Once item is ordered, the processing is a bit long.
Once item ships, it's pretty quick.
Cardstock is SMOOTH!
Packaging is very basic.
You get what you order, nothing frilly.

I placed my order online, it went to a distribution center and then was processed. And it came really quickly once it shipped, which is pretty cool. The packaging is very eco friendly, and it wasn't bent or the corners of the cardstock were not hurt in any way.

Overall, I think I'm happy. I will probably pick up some of the in style (that's the exclusive colors for the year) cardstock and a stamp set or two--one featuring a deer and an owl (yes, I know, I have deer and owl stamps coming out my ears, but it's SOOOO cute and such a great price!). Overall, I'm pretty happy with the stampin up order and will get to work showing off what I've been doing.

What about you? Any experience with Stampin Up? Or what about any other crafting companies like this (direct sell?)...

No comments: