Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Archiver's Score

Archiver's is usually hit and miss for me. I love going there because they stock certain lines, and because I expect them to have some of the newer things (that the two LSS don't carry), but sometimes I'm disappointed.

Last night was a little hit and miss. I got an email about a cardstock sale (buy 10 pieces of their cardstock, get 10 free) and my BF's sister asked me to pick up some for her (She needs to make some elmo Cricut cuts and she has no cardstock). She gave me a list of what she wanted, and then let me pick out some colors (which, by the way, I went all weird and crazy with--some 80s colors, some browns, blues, etc). I was planning on getting the 8 and 1/2 by 11 paper (really want to make some cards).

I called Archiver's (okay, yes, I have the number memorized because the last four digits are the year I graduated from high school (1998) and asked if they carried kraft paper. I know I've seen it there before. I nearly cleaned out the LSS in the middle of the city the last time I bought some (3 or 4 pieces), and I'm not sure if the one near where I work sells it, so I'll have to check that out. Really loving the Kraft cardstock now.

The woman who answered said she had no idea what I was talking about. I tried to describe it, but she didn't know. So I thanked her and drove over there to pick up the cardstock for my BF's sister. Then I decided to shop for me.

Didn't get cardstock, as I didn't see any kraft and I've got a bunch of 8 and 1/2 by 11 that I SHOULD be using. Looked around and picked up some patterned paper.


Crate Paper Lillian: Gathering (this is a double sided paper, the middle is the closeup of the design)


Crate Paper Little Sprout: Meadow (this is a double sided paper, the middle is the closeup of the design)


Crate Paper Little Sprout: Frolic (this is a double sided paper, the middle is the closeup of the design)


Crate Paper Orbit: Playtime (this is a double sided paper, the middle is the closeup of the design)


Crate Paper Orbit: Lineup (this is a double sided paper, the middle is the closeup of the design)


American Crafts Teen Paper (Going to use this for a Music themed layout).

I asked if they had any October Afternoon (Ducks in a Row, Cherry Hill or Night Light) and was quickly told the lines didn't exist. And that the woman should know because she's worked there for a few years. The other associate (at the register) said quickly 'Maybe it's something that does exist, but we're just not ordering. We get an internal list of things we can be on the lookout for, but it doesn't ring any bells.' It was an odd experience, to say the least, but I ended up wandering around the store for a little longer and came up with a few things that I'd heard about, but hadn't seen. Including:

Imaginisce My New Pencil Box

Imaginisce No Passing Notes Paper


I've never used Imaginisce paper, despite having loved their stamps for such a long time. And I've seen Crate Paper online, but never used it, either. I was really surprised because I didn't spend a lot of money but got some pretty good deals.

No comments: