Sunday, August 23, 2009

SPCC # 11

Wow! I was inspired by this week's color challenge to do not one but two cards for the SPCC Challenge. Here's what the color challenge colors were:



And on each of these cards, I used a soft suede card base. The white was an accent, as was the green. I'm so glad I was able to color my images to attain some of the colors in this week's combo.

I love that green fiber. It's like that stuff I've seen in cars, know what I mean? Have an Imaginesce tree stamp (from the fairy tale collection, I think) stamped on whisper white. Then that was stamped with the two inks on the challenge. It's one of the first times I've actually done different ink colors on one stamp. You can't see it, but the flowers have diamond stickles for accent.

This little guy (From the Greeting Farm, his name is Edward) is colored kinda funky, but totally along with the challenge, then I added him to some Making Memories Spellbound paper and added some accent ribbon. I created depth by placing some of the designs over the ribbon. Used my trusty corner rounder.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Very cute cards! I like the trim on the first and the way you wove the trim on the second.

Craftastic Life said...

Awesome Cards!!

heidi said...

I love both of these! And yes, that green trim is awesome. I want some!! Is that Edward stamp supposed to be THE "Edward"? LOL!

Heidi SP Diva

Emily said...

Great job!

Emily-SP Diva

Stephanie said...

Love the cute cards! Great job!

suzARTe said...

gorgeous card, I love the braid you have used

Anne said...

Hi, Nicole! So cool to see your work! :-)