Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ildi Co... DT Work

When I read about the Cards for Kate drive that Jennifer McGuire is doing, I couldn't get it out of my head for the longest time. This is taken directly from Jennifer's site about the whole thing:

About 6 weeks ago the life of the McRae family changed forever when their precious 5 year old daughter, Kate, was diagnosed with an aggressive form of brain cancer. Dad (Aaron) is a pastor in Arizona and he and his wife, Holly have two other children, Will and Olivia. Of course this is devastating for the whole family and many are praying for them. (Go to www.prayforkate.com to learn more about this family and their struggle). Kate has a rough road ahead of her for quite awhile. When you hear their story you will want to do anything you can to help.

If doing something to let this family know you're thinking of them isn't enough, Jennifer is even offering prizes--generous prizes donated as well as those I think she's provided. The details are on her site. I think you should check it out. There's a little description of each family member, and you have until October 15th to get the cards to Jennifer. I decided that Ildi Co's Clownkins would be perfect for Kate's little brother, Will. Here's what I came up with:


It's a happy card. A bright card. I don't know exactly what to say, so I'm going to just write inside that I'm sending hugs and thoughts to him and his entire family. I might stamp some blank images for them all to color as well. I have an idea that I'm developing for Kate's older sister. I want to do something special for Kate, have no idea what yet.

So the image on the card is Clownkins' Star. It's adorable. If you haven't yet purchased any Ildi Co stamps, I recommend you do so as soon as possible. They're great because they can be printed out on nearly anything, and at any size. He's colored in with Markers and outlined in certain areas with a Gelly Roll Stardust pen. It really sparkles. The threading water punch from Fiskars was used on some of the Bazzil Cardstock, and all of it is over Basic Grey Offbeat paper (the stripes). Oh, and Clownkin Star's face comes off the page, thanks to some foam squares.

I used a sketch from MojoMonday (A Challenge Blog) called MojoTeresa. I'm starting to collect and use sketches, and I like it!

So, you have 2 things that you should do.
1. Check out Ildi Co. (You can still get 10 items for $20! But this deal can't last forever, take advantage ASAP, you won't be disappointed).
2. Check out Cards for Kate

2 comments:

JayLynn said...

What a great cause, I'll be sure to check it out! I love your card too :)

April said...

How awesome! I am sure that this card will put a smile on his little face! What a wonderful reason to stamp!