Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Review: UHU Twist & Glue

If you hadn't already seen my review of it on Youtube, check out my video here: You Tube Adhesive video

I was blessed with a sample from gluewithuhu.com of the twist&glue. It's an amazing product, and I'm not just saying it because I have some. It's amazing for all of it's functionality.

Most of us know UHU in the form of those gluesticks with the orange and pink stripes that were a staple of art classes in the 80s and 90s. They were clean, effective and wonderful. I am happy to say that in the form of Twist & Glue, UHU has retained their effective and wonderful-ness, although I had some messy problems.

I was immediately drawn to the package. It's a cool, nearly pyramid shape, but a bit round. The color is great, the yellow makes it easy to find, and the green stripe makes it pleasing to the eye. I just pulled off the cap and twisted the way the arrow on the package showed me to do. All you have to do next is flip over the bottle and lightly squeeze. Be careful because a LOT comes out. A LOT!!!! You only need a little and if you make the mistake of pressing hard, you'll end up with sticky fingers and hair and.... Well, you get the picture.

The glue dries surprisingly quickly on paper and cardboard, and I love giving an extra press to everything just to be sure. I also tested the glue on felt and cotton. While it dried on felt, it was much quicker on the cotton. According to the packaging it also glues cork, wood and is not damaged by freezing, which is lovely, and makes this glue fully functional--great for crafting, as well as being awesome for around the house uses. Keep one in your craft room and keep one in your kitchen junk drawer, just to cover all your bases.

Overall, this product earns an 'A' from me.

If you're interested in this or other UHU products and samples, visit www.gluewithuhu.com.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Nicole! How cool that they sent you a new product to try out! :-)

Nicole K/GothamGal said...

Yes, I have another post describing what you can do to get a sample.