Sunday, February 15, 2009

CPS Sketch 103

Card Positioning systems has a sketch contest this week, using the following image:

I keep telling myself that I'm going to do more sketch based things and not rely so much on my own layouts. So, without further ado, this is MY take on the sketch:



I used an a2 card base from DCWV's glitter card (Got it from Archiver's--a set of 5 is in their $1.99 spot), the ribbon at the sides is green and it's from making memories (it said friendship on the side, so I flipped it over and, voila, green ribbon that matches the basic grey paper I used as a base--it's from their porcelain line and the name of the paper is Windermere--I REALLY like it). The button is basic gray, the buttons are from the urban prairie line. Then I used some cardstock (random stuff bought at Archiver's for the pink and green elements that I had in the stash) and cut out the flower (it's the shift key and the letter a), Thank you and the green piece behind the Thank you (again, it's a shift and the accent blackout key) all from the Storybook Cartridge on my Expression.

Hilariously enough, this is the FIRST time I've used the Cricut Expression to make a card, and it was awesomely easy. I think it only took me five minutes to cut out everything after I found the paper. Yay!

Anyway, be sure to check out Card Positioning systems and submit your own card. It's a LOT of fun!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great card! Nice use of your Cricut--fun, huh?

Jennifer

Linda Beeson said...

Great use of that CPS sketch! Love your card.

Jess said...

Cute card! Love the colors.

Lea L. said...

Cute card! Great use of those Storybook cuts! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~Lea

Deanna said...

Super cute, love that background shape!