Thursday, June 19, 2008

WSW: In the Trenches

WSW has been really busy this week. And I was lucky enough to snag some time at my closest LSS (Local Scrap Shop) in Copley last night. I was on a mission for cardstock and Stickles.
If you haven't used them before, stickles are like glittery glue in puffy paint (does anyone else remember the lure of puffy paint?) containers. They come in a variety of colors and are absolutely addictive. Once you start with one, I guarantee you'll want to use more. The Diamond color picks up whatever you layer it on. I also picked up Pink and Golden Rod. I had a project in mind, but it ended up going in a much different place.
Here is what I made:

It's a card for WSW. I bought some Marilyn Monroe stamps from Stampsmith (please, check it out and take advantage of their amazing rubber stamps. When I have some money to splurge with again, I'll probably be placing another order with them. Shipping is fast, you can get some really cool freebies and the customer service (Estelle) is amazing.
So I decided I wanted to do a gold and pink card in honor of Marilyn. It ended up being nothing like I planned, but I really like it. I took some corbis cards that I received in the mail and made a template for a card out of them. I glued the cardstock over them so I could have a little heft to the whole project and then laid out my card. I needed some cardstock and dug into my stash-the thin strip of paper is from a Disney scrapbooking sheet I bought ages ago. I painted some cardstock with twinking h2os and my water pen. Then I used Staz On Jet Black ink to stamp the image once the paper was dry. I used my We R Memory Keepers Foil, Glitter and Flock Alphabet kit for the letter 'M' and used some of my newly bought Prima flowers (bought at the LSS) as an accent. I didn't have a brad, and an eyelet looked too big, but looked through my stash and found a spare, so I popped that in the middle of three layered prima flowers.
I really like this card. And my plan is to make another one with a Norma Jean stamp on it, maybe reverse the whole layout of the card. I submitted it to a few challenges on two peas, but really I'm just happy that it came together so well. It restored my faith in my stamps. And the great news was that the card took just around 30 minutes. Yay!
My sinuses are not happy with the current temperature changes, so it looks like I'm going to be going now. I will try to look in soon. Keep creating everyone!
Note: the card itself is not crooked, but it looks like everything I scan on that scanner goes crooked, I chalk that up to user error.

No comments: