Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sc-rapper's Delight

I have a few projects I want to work on right now. First, my brother's graduation book. Mostly, it's going to be pictures and some captions of who was there, etc. Not too scrappy. But I picked up some cool papers, school and grad themed that I want to put as backgrounds. Of course, I have to hook up the photo printer first and print out the pics.

I'm going to give that to him just as a momento. I never really had one of those for graduation, and I sort of wish I had now. I know that I have some pictures floating around the house from my graduation, though.

I think I'm going to make a trip to Archiver's this weekend and get some plain cardstock and then use that cardstock (with the photos) to see if I can find some big frame die cuts. I'm not interested in anything fancy... I figure he'll be fine with just basic photos on mats in colors that 'Pop' off the page.

Of course, I might also pick up some grad stickers for him too. A nice cap and gown from Jolee's or something might be nice.

I'm asking my Mom and Grandma for some family pictures, I'll be making them Snapfish photobooks. My mom keeps saying she'll send some, but I haven't yet seen them. I wanted to do a few pages from scratch, but I have a feeling I'll just pop a few pictures into the layouts, too...

I also ordered two things from HSN.com. Now, I want to preface this by saying that we don't have the channel, but I was looking for something and found the item at a really good price on HSN.com. I ended up not even buying what I was originally intending to buy from there, but it's like a craft Mecca! I picked up a Scraparatus, which is a die maker, a hole punch AND an eyelet setter. I bought the MM kit a while ago, but never had much luck with the eyelets, so I'm hoping this works for me. The dinky dies look like a lot of fun. HSN had it for under $10! Here it is!

I also picked up something that I'm really excited to use--the Fiskars Shapecutter! I cannot find my paper trimmer, so I'm on the lookout for that. But I wanted the shapecutter because I saw some of the templates at Joanne's and they have one that looks perfect for picture mats. Here it is! I'll have to report back once I get these and try them out.

So that's what I'm doing now. Hopefully I'll have some eye candy soon.

No comments: