Friday, December 4, 2009

So

I seem to be able to write a 50k word novel in a month, just can't make it on here to post every day. eeek!

I had the best of intentions, but a glass casserole dish exploded in my hands (and on dinner last night, darn it). Still fighting the cold, but it almost feels like it's nearly gone (shh! Don't say it too loudly). Fighting with Direct TV, who offered me three months of free service, but apparently didn't take care of that and now I'm being billed.

Oh, 'Heathers' with Winona Ryder and Christian Slater is on tonight, so I'm going to watch that, finish unpacking boxes and then prepare for a lot of sleep this weekend.

Ordered a few things this week, including Tim Holtz's Distress Crackle Paint in Rock Candy (yes, his 12 days of Christmas is very addictive!)--I keep trying to get up enough energy to sit down and try some of the techniques he uses. Thanks Simon Says Stamp--hopefully I will get it soon.

Oh, and I placed an order with a certain veggie site--as the stuff that I want is nowhere to be found locally. This is what I got:
Jack (Night Light Collection, October Afternoon)...I love the back of this paper--the paper-y looking part. Really wanted to try this out and do SOMETHING with it, maybe an altered book.
Will keep you updated. I know I've had problems tracking this particular paper down, and I've never tried October Afternoon before, so this will be interesting.


Katie (Night Light Collection, October Afternoon) If you can't already guess, I'm a reader. So this paper (the back) looked pretty literary. Part of me wants to grab this paper when it gets here and start reading it, see what it is. The other part of me wants to figure out it's place on a layout. Who will win??? Only time will tell.


Louie (Night Light Collection, October Afternoon). This is the one paper out of this whole collection I've REALLY been wanting, even checked it out on ebay. Aren't these monsters cute? I got 2 sheets of this one, because I just really love the paper. Don't know if part will be an accent to a card or what. I actually used the 'contact me when in stock' feature a few times for this, before finally snagging today.


Falling Flakes (Colorful Christmas, My Mind's Eye) I've never bought a single My Mind's Eye paper, so I have no idea if it's awesome or not. I'm heavily relying on the notebook tutorial I saw on Mish Mash (Michelle W's blog). I thought the whole line looked really fun and the notebooks looked really easy to do, but I 'm not sure if I'm doing a notebook thing, I just really love the colors of these papers--they make winter look fun versus the way it normally is (icey and NOT fun!)


Frosty Pines (Colorful Christmas, My Mind's Eye). Again, a cute little paper with those holiday colors I like. I almost want to decorate a tree, well...okay, we HAVE a tree up, but I'm not the one who did it. In fact, I think I only had to deal with one or two of the ornaments with this particular tree.
This paper kinda reminds me of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation when they go to pick out a tree. In a good way, with less digging, I guess.



Merry Dots (Colorful Christmas, My Mind's Eye) Why can't Christmas papers be more like this line. Of course, I'm saying this with the paper sight unseen and it really could end up terribly. I could hate the texture or the weight of the paper or something, or then again I could fall in love. If you look closely, there are little doodles on some of the dots, which are totally cute. I almost think I'll find something in the paper if I stare at it long enough--anyone remember those Magic Seeing Eye Puzzle/prints from a few years ago? I could NEVER see any of those--my eyes just wouldn't work with them.


Glittered Chipboard Elements (Colorful Christmas, My Mind's Eye). I splurged on these, I rarely buy chipboard, but I saw these on Mish Mash for her notebook tutorial and I just fell in love. I mean, those little kids are so CUTE. And there's a Polar Bear. AND A PENGUIN! Who needs an excuse to pick up something with pretty colors AND A PENGUIN? I mean, seriously. They're glittery and a lot of fun and they make that cold weather look cool--and if they can do that for me, living in North Eastern Ohio, I think they can do anything--including look awesome on my page!


Tube Socks (The Boyfriend, Cosmo Cricket) This is the line that I've been asking all over for locally. This is the line I've called Archiver's about (which, okay, I don't understand why they carry Earth Love but not this one, because Earth Love is ALWAYS in stock over there and it doesn't seem like too many people are buying it locally. I might, but only if it's on sale and I can justify it--which I probably won't do because I picked up the Boyfriend. Still on the wishlist, though? The mini stack. On this paper, aren't the colors lovely? And the back has a SCAN TRON sheet. Remember those?

Homework (The Boyfriend, Cosmo Cricket). I really think this collection reminds me of the 80s. Sorta like 'Freaks and Geeks.' Have you heard of the show? Have you seen the show? It's positively one of my favorite shows of all time--and unlike Murder, She Wrote and CSI:Crime Scene Investigation (which I love, don't get me wrong. They hold special places in my heart), I DON'T MAKE FUN of 'Freaks and Geeks.' Try and watch it, if you can. It's just a really well-written and heartfelt show and the acting in it is fantastic. Just really, a diamond in the rough.


Fitting In (The Boyfriend, Cosmo Cricket) Just a fun and random paper in the collection. I think, though, if we get a really great deal on a washer and dryer I'm going to be using this paper to make a layout. Yes, we've been washer less for about 5 months--dryer less for about 1 month. What does that mean? We go over to his family's house to do laundry. Even I won't go into the local laundromat (there are some strange characters that walk in there, and the police seem to even avoid the place, which I hate. Other communities seem to have good places, not so much around here. Yuck! But I don't have to save quarters, so I guess that's cool!

Stickers (The Boyfriend, Cosmo Cricket). Another thing I really loved in the 80s (other than the Atari/Commodore and other geekish things) was STICKERS! I had tons of stickers, all sorts of kinds. And so, like many other papercrafters, I love stickers even in adulthood. Maybe that's why we do this thing, huh? We all just want a justification for a sticker album. LOL. There are a lot of things I could do with these though, not just retro. See the sunglasses sticker? There's a guy I remember from high school who was a friend, but I'm not sure if he was more or wanted to be more or what. We were both awkward and geeky and he used to make up song lyrics--he also used to sing this song. My future's so bright, I gotta wear shades. Weird.

Icon Rubons (The Boyfriend, Cosmo Cricket) LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! I have a sunglasses habit (always wear them, almost even in the dark). Found our old Atari during the move, too. I want to curl up under a blanket and watch Sixteen Candles with Jake Ryan now--and actually curl up WITH Jake Ryan. Jake Ryan is, in my opinion, the most perfect boyfriend/man you could ever ask for. He was attainable, honest, funny and probably the best kisser on the planet. The 80s make me happy thinking of them, they were full of promise. Retro/nostalgia must do this to EVERYONE. For a while, I was all about rubons, but I haven't been lately. Maybe this will rekindle that love.

No comments: